Schedule 2B: Payments Made to Certain Business Entities From Persons or Entities Doing Business With City
Click the Dictionary button above to review italicized terms.
Schedule 2B only applies to elected officials.
Under § 7-28 of the Ethics Law, elected officials must indicate certain payments made to business entities in which they or their spouse have a substantial interest, i.e., an equity interest of 30% or more.*
Answer the questions below to determine if Schedule 2B applies to you:
During the reporting period covered by this statement, did any of the following have a substantial interest of 30% or more in at least one business entity?
- You (elected offical); or
- Your spouse.
If you answered "yes" to this question, did any of the following make a payment to at least one of those businesses during the reporting period?
- a lobbyist;
- a person regulated by the City; or
- a person doing business with the City.
If you answered "no" to either of these questions, you do not need to fill out Schedule 2B. If you answered "yes" to both of these questions, you must complete Schedule 2B and disclose each person or entity who, during the reporting period, made one of the following payments to a business in which you or your spouse holds a substantial interest:
- an aggregate payment of $1,000 or more to one qualifying business;
- aggregate payments totaling $1,000 or more across multiple qualifying businesses (e.g., $500 to two qualifying businesses);
- an aggregate payment to one qualifying business that constituted 5% or more of that business's gross income, if that business had a gross income less than $20,000; OR
- aggregate payments across multiple qualifying businesses that constituted 5% or more of the cumulative gross income of those businesses, if the cumulative gross income of those businesses was less than $20,000.
You will need to submit a separate "Add Recipient Business Entity and Person Making Payment" entry for each person who made a qualifying payment.
In each "Add Recipient Business Entity and Person Making Payment" entry, you will disclose the following information:
1. Recipient Business Name. Give the name and address of the business entity that received the qualifying payment(s).
2. The Person or Entity That Made the Qualifying Payment. State the name and address of the person or business that made a qualifying payment. You need not fill out the box entitled "Decribe Nature of Ownership".
3. Aggregate Payment Amount. Disclose the amount of money paid by this person to the recipient business.
* Nothing in this section requires the disclosure of any information that is otherwise confidential by law.